cem300 | undergraduate
Managing The Customer Experience
topic title goes here
Reputation and Customer Experience Management
- Distinguish between the best and worst ranked customer service companies.
- Explore the hierarchy of customer service management.
- Compare successful customer service experience management programs.
The Social Customer
- Analyze the impact of social media on your customer experience.
- Examine the possibility of using a social media manager and engaging in social media-based marketing.
- Compare the distinctive benefits and challenges of social media-based customer service.
Customer Service Strategies
- Analyze the need for deliberate customer service strategies.
- Appraise customer rewards systems.
- Analyze the concepts related to customer retention.
What is the Customer Experience?
- Analyze the systems used to assess the needs and desires of customers.
- Examine the Moments of Truth in customer service.
- Analyze the shopping and retail environment.
The Evolution of Customer Care
- Analyze how customer service evolved into todayâs technology indulgent environment.
- Examine the shift from monitoring customer satisfaction to integrating techniques.
- Evaluate the culture shift from how a company is organized to how a company delivers.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.