cis105 | undergraduate
Survey Of Computer Information Systems
topic title goes here
- Describe how the internet affects commerce.
- Compare the effectiveness of several search engines.
- Discuss the benefits and the drawbacks of electronic correspondence.
Word Processing and Presentation Programs
- Modify a document using a word processing program.
- Develop an electronic presentation relating to a new technology.
Graphics and Multimedia
- Discuss different capabilities and applications of graphics programs.
- Discuss the benefits of interactive multimedia.
- Edit an image in a graphic program.
Computers-Inside and Out
- Discuss how components within a computer system interact.
- Classify computers by purpose and function.
- Identify current technology available for input, output, processing, and storage.
- Format data within a spreadsheet program.
- Manipulate data effectively using a spreadsheet program.
Operating Systems (OS) and Networks
- Compare multiple operating systems such as Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac.
- Describe how operating systems control hardware and software.
- Contrast common types of networks.
Privacy and Security
- Analyze the security measures used as protection against identity theft.
- Assess the effectiveness of all-in-one PC security systems.
Computers and You
- Produce a presentation about the use of technology in the classroom.
- Summarize an important concept presented in this course.
From Data to Information
- Differentiate between data and information.
- Compare the capability and components of today’s processors with their future potential.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.