cis208 | undergraduate
Information Systems Fundamentals In Health Care
This course introduces the fundamentals of computer systems and the role of information processing in today's health care environment. An overview is presented of information systems, systems development, operating systems and programming, database management, networking and telecommunications, and the Internet.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Information Flow and Security
- Evaluate ethical situations in IT.
Identify how information flows through a healthcare organization.
- Describe system components that enable information use.
- Identify the effect of information security concerns on systems.
Web and Mobile Computing
- Identify how the Internet and mobile devices impact information systems.
- Explain how information systems utilize new technologies.
Information System Usage in Organizations
- Identify types of systems used in health care organizations.
- Explain how business requirements drive system use.
Managing Information Technology
- Identify factors affecting system acquisition.
- Explain how current IT systems are managed.
- Explain the role of strategic planning in IT.
Information Systems Overview
- Identify the components and roles of information systems.
- Describe how information systems enable and enhance health care organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.