cis295 | undergraduate
Introduction To PC And Mobile Operating Systems
topic title goes here
- Compare and contrast features and requirements of MicrosoftÂ® Operating Systems (OSs).
- Summarize common features and functionality of the Mac OS and Linux operating systems.
- Identify OSs that meet organization performance needs.
- Configure a systemâs standard settings.
Installing an Operating System (OS) and Applications
- Explain multiple methods to install WindowsÂ® Personal Computer (PC) operating systems.
- Explain the differences between operating systems and application software.
- Determine compatibility between operating systems and software applications.
- Troubleshoot common OS installation challenges.
- Apply appropriate MicrosoftÂ® command line tools when troubleshooting.
File and System Management
- Define the different levels of individual user access; including file, folder, and drive permissions.
- Explain how read and write privileges provide for file protection schemas.
- Configure correct group file permissions and file sharing techniques.
- Identify administrative system privileges for appropriate users.
Cloud and Virtual Environments
- Summarize the three basic cloud environments.
- Match cloud-based structures to high-level business needs.
- Compare the properties and purpose of services provided by networked hosts.
- Identify the properties of operating system network configurations.
Administration and Mobile Computing
- Identify basic features of mobile operating systems.
- Document steps to successfully install a basic Mobile device network.
- Set data synchronization for organization and end-user needs.
- Identify the protocols necessary to ensure security within a corporate mobile environment.
- Perform common preventive maintenance procedures using the appropriate OS tools.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.