cis568 | Graduate
Information Systems Concepts
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Emerging Information Systems Topics
- Define utility and cloud computing, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of their use.
- Discuss future opportunities for the use of mobile and wearable computing.
- Research career requirements and opportunities in information systems management.
Business Intelligence and Information Systems
- Analyze and describe the use of information systems technology in decision-support frameworks.
- Define business intelligence and describe its impact on business.
- Describe the capabilities of a business intelligence application.
Business and Information Systems
- Describe the relationship between business processes and information systems.
- Discuss the influence of ethics and privacy on information systems.
- Describe what information security is and why we need it.
Infrastructure, Network, and Data Management
- Describe how you would apply the necessary hardware and software components as the infrastructure for information systems.
- Explain at least two approaches to managing data.
- Discuss potential uses of the various kinds of networks.
Enterprise and Business Applications
- Explain the business value of transaction processing systems and functional area information systems.
- Describe the uses of customer relationship management systems.
- Explain the benefits of supply chain management systems.
Information Systems Planning
- Define information systems planning for a business.
- Compare and contrast at least two methodologies for systems development.
- Discuss available tools and techniques used in acquiring information systems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.