cit278 | undergraduate
Internet Business Concepts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Describe web-based technologies, including search functions.
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of cloud computing technologies.
- Describe IT infrastructure to support the Web.
Data and Security
- Describe basic database concepts.
- Recognize security problems such as; viruses, malware, and certificates related to e-mail, web browsers, and messaging in the workplace.
E-Commerce, Ethical, and Social Issues
- Explain e-commerce models and technologies.
- Describe the ethical and legal issues facing IT professionals.
- Explain the differences between proprietary and open-source development.
Operational Excellence and Project Management
- Explain project management as related to IT professionals.
- Communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Describe how enterprise applications are taking advantage of new technologies.
Web Connection Requirements
- Explain the importance of standards and organizations related to web development.
- Identify the infrastructure, hardware, and software required to support web connections.
- Identify the various job roles in the IT industry; especially the responsibilities, tasks, and skills required for those related to the Web.
- Define the concepts of collaboration and innovation capabilities of Web 2.0.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.