cja473 | undergraduate
Managing Criminal Justice Personnel
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explore the differences between bureaucratic and agile organizations.
- Define Organizational Effectiveness.
- Apply theories of Organizational Effectiveness to the management of criminal justice personnel.
- Review several methods for exerting control in an organizational setting.
- Identify the elements of managing by objective (MBO).
- Describe how people acquire and change values.
- Explain what values do for and to us.
- Identify your core values.
- Explain the nature and importance of human values in the workplace.
Motivation and Empowerment
- Apply theories of motivation to managing criminal justice personnel.
- Define the components of empowerment.
- Analyze the implications of empowerment and delegation in a criminal justice organization.
- Analyze the role of trust in personnel issues.
- Define motivation and empowerment and understand the similarities and differences between the two.
- Examine strategies for socialization.
- Define occupational socialization.
- Define organizational culture.
- Identify the socialization process - stages and models of influence.
- Discuss problems in the socialization process.
- Identify socialization issues in police and correctional agencies and in community expectations.
Personnel Supervision and Evaluation
- Apply guidelines for supervision and evaluation to managing criminal justice personnel.
- Review types of problem employees.
- Consider various disciplinary actions.
- Define models of employee supervision.
- Differentiate between problem employees and problem situations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.