cja453 | undergraduate
Criminal Justice Administration
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Define the scope of justice administration.
- Explore police organization and operation.
- Assess police personnel roles and functions.
- Understand police issues and practices.
- Understand court organization and operation.
- Define court personnel roles and functions.
- Explore court issues and practices.
- Analyze corrections organization and operation.
- Define corrections personnel roles and functions.
- Examine community corrections.
- Assess corrections issues and practices.
Budgeting in the Criminal Justice Organization
- Examine budgeting in the public sector.
- List the elements of a budget.
- Explore budget formats.
- Identify pitfalls in budgeting.
- Explore the influence of politics and fiscal realities in budgeting.
Administrative Challenges and Practices
- Evaluate the rights of criminal justice employees.
- Understand discipline, labor relations and liability in criminal justice organizations.
- Examine current uses of technology in criminal justice administration.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.