cja463 | undergraduate
Criminal Justice Policy Analysis
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Policy Differences in Approach for Policing, Judicial Action, and Correctional Practices
- Identify opportunities for cooperation between elements of the criminal justice system in the implementation of criminal justice policy.
- Differentiate between policy perspectives among the police, courts, and corrections at the federal and state level.
- Analyze the historical evolution of criminal justice policy relating to policing, the courts, and corrections over the past 50 years.
Effective and Ineffective Policy Making in Response to Crime
- Analyze effective and ineffective criminal justice initiatives at the local, state, and federal levels that have had historical significance.
- Describe goals in the criminal justice system that policy attempts to achieve.
Political Impact upon Criminal Justice Policy
- Evaluate the relationship between fiscal resources and the development and implementation of criminal justice policy.
- Determine the impact of politics on the budgetary process.
Globalization of Criminal Justice Policy
- Explain the globalization of criminal justice policy in relationship to contemporary issues.
- Predict the effects of globalization on the development of criminal justice policy in the future.
Public Policy Foundations and Views in Criminal Justice
- Distinguish between legislatively based policy and administrative regulatory policy as they relate to crime and criminal justice.
- Compare and contrast the rights of the accused with the policy mission of protecting the public from criminal behavior.
- Differentiate between factors that affect criminal justice policy making.
- Evaluate the role of the United States constitution in relationship to the development of contemporary criminal justice policy.
- Differentiate between the roles of federal and state government in the development and implementation of criminal justice policy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.