cja520 | Graduate
Management Of Institutional Risk
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Best Practices in Managing Risk
- Analyze current best practices in justice and security organizations.
- Evaluate the benefits of applying best practices within justice and security organizations.
- Present examples of best practice applications documented as successful in reducing risk.
Impact of Crime on Civil Liability and Risk
- Create an operating definition of civil liability.
- Examine organizational obligations for safety and security.
- Explain issues of risk related to civil liability as it applies to crime, justice, and security organizations.
Insuring Against Risk
- Explain the issues involved in insuring against risk.
- Explain compliance issues and consequences related to EEO, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, IFC, and workers' compensation.
- Analyze how organizations insure against risk.
Scenario Thinking and Risk
- Explain scenario thinking.
- Discuss examples of scenario thinking.
- Analyze how scenario thinking can minimize risk.
- Explain the costs involved in managing risk.
- Examine the consequences of not managing risk.
- Analyze how to plan for risk and identify needed resources.
- Describe how organizations manage risk.
- Examine the nature of organizational risk.
- Explain why risk management is important.
Social Responsibility and Risk
- Analyze the social responsibility that justice and security organizations have to the public.
- Examine cases where organizations have failed in managing risk and in their social responsibility.
- Present examples of positive social responsibility in organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.