cjhs410 | undergraduate
Mental Health And Crisis Interventions In Criminal Justice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Law Enforcement as First-Line Service Providers
- Describe the role that law enforcement officers play as first-line service providers of mental health and crisis intervention.
- Identify the typical calls for service that involve mental health services and crisis intervention.
- Analyze the crisis intervention and mental health services strategies utilized by law enforcement.
Mental Health and Addictions
- Describe characteristics of mental health issues and mental health disorders.
- Describe characteristics of addiction and substance abuse.
- Assess the relationship between addition and crime.
- Analyze the role of criminal justice professionals in providing intervention and rehabilitation to substance abuse offenders and persons with mental illness.
- Identify the applied intervention and rehabilitation strategies utilized by criminal justice professionals.
Family Systems in Crisis
- Identify types of family systems in crisis.
- Describe the effect of family systems in crisis on the criminal justice system.
- Analyze the role of criminal justice professionals in providing mental health services and crisis intervention to individuals and families in crisis.
- Identify the applied intervention strategies for families in crisis utilized by criminal justice professionals.
Critical Incidents, Emergency Preparedness, and Crisis Intervention
- Identify the various types of critical incidents and their physical, financial, and societal effect on victims, first responders, and communities.
- Analyze the psychological effect on victims, first responders, and communities from critical incidents.
- Describe crisis intervention strategies for criminal justice professionals responding to critical incidents and inter-agency coordination initiatives.
- Develop a comprehensive crisis intervention plan of action for responding to critical incidents from a criminal justice perspective.
Human Services and Criminal Justice
- Describe human service delivery, mental health services, and crisis intervention within the criminal justice system.
- Identify characteristics necessary to effectively deliver mental health and crisis intervention services.
- Explain the role of government in promoting crisis intervention and mental health services.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.