cjs211 | undergraduate
Ethics In Criminal Justice
topic title goes here
Victims and the Ethics of Revenge
- Assess the ethical arguments for and against personal revenge.
- Describe the enforcement of laws and their relationship to ethics in criminal justice.
- Analyze the level of morality in the current criminal justice system.
- Identify ethical considerations for the future of the criminal justice system.
- Identify the rights of victims.
Ethics and the Criminal Justice Practitioner
- Explain the importance of ethics to the criminal justice practitioner.
- Distinguish between morality, ethics, duties, and values.
- Explain common theories related to ethics in criminal justice.
- Analyze ethical decision-making processes.
Ethics in Policing
- Explain the role of law enforcement and law enforcement subculture.
- Analyze the limits of discretion and corresponding duties for law enforcement.
- Identify forms of corruption and methods to reduce corruption and unethical policing procedures.
- Identify ethical issues involved in police procedures.
Ethical Concerns and Obligations of Defense Attorneys, Prosecutors, and Judges
- Identify the codes of professional ethics that lawyers are bound to by various statutes and regulations.
- Describe the roles of the criminal defense attorney, prosecutor, and judge.
- Compare the ethical duties and responsibilities of the defense attorney and prosecutor.
- Explain the judicial ethics imposed on members of the judiciary.
- Analyze judicial use of discretion and its abuses.
Ethical Behavior of Probation, Parole, and Correctional Officers
- Explain the roles of probation, parole, and correctional officers, including the ethical challenges faced by each.
- Identify the code of ethical behavior for probation, parole, and correctional officers.
- Describe the correctional subculture.
- Compare the conflicting duties between having to protect society and protecting the interests of offenders.
- Describe ethical issues in the punishment of offenders.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.