cmc260 | undergraduate
Communication Variety: The Spice Of Life
topic title goes here
Intercultural Communication in Practice
- Summarize components that promote effective intercultural communication.
- Describe the cultural bases of negotiation conflict.
- Identify the various steps in successful intercultural negotiation.
- Describe the characteristics of an effective intercultural negotiator.
- Assess the relationship between culture and communication.
- Describe how cultural shock may affect international communication.
- Explain management styles in multinational organizations.
Cultural Systems--Contrasting Cultural Values
- Describe the role of economics, politics, and education on intercultural communication.
- Describe the effect of contrasting cultural values on intercultural communication.
- Explain the influence of culturally different work attitudes on workplace communication in international businesses.
Differences in Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Describe the influence of language differences on intercultural communication.
- Identify the effects of differing verbal and nonverbal cultural cues on intercultural communication.
- Describe how cultural differences in monochronic and polychronic time systems may affect intercultural communication.
Differences in Written Communication
- Compare differences in written communication formats, styles, and tone for different cultures.
Business and Social Customs
- Differentiate between tipping and gift giving.
Explain the role of position and status among various cultures.
- Identify the differences in social customs among different cultures.
Workplace Dos and Don'ts
- Determine the role of bribery in other countries.
- Describe the roles of humor, taboos, and superstition in communication between cultures.
Ethics in International Business
- Describe how ethics is understood differently among different cultures.
- Identify how differences between home country laws and host country laws influence international business and travel.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.