cmgt245 | undergraduate
Is Security Concepts
topic title goes here
Assessment and Management
- Select the appropriate mitigation technique given a situation.
- Describe risk management best practices.
- Explain the importance of risk related concepts.
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Discuss the security implications of integrating systems and data with third parties.
- Explain basic forensic procedures.
- Describe incident response procedures.
- Discuss the importance of Disaster Recovery Planning.
Cryptography, Social Engineering, and Security Issues
- Explain general cryptography concepts.
- Describe various attacks, and techniques and tools to discover security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Define environmental and physical security and controls.
- Define Social Engineering attacks and their impact/effectiveness.
Secure Networks and Access Control
- Discuss the security configuration parameters on network devices and other technologies.
- Define secure network administration principles.
- Explain Authentication, Authorization and Access Control and the implications.
Wireless, Cloud, and Application Security
- Define issues related to wireless security.
- Discuss network design elements such as Cloud and Virtualization that can be security risks.
- Explain application security controls.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.