cmgt413 | undergraduate
Application Acquisition And Sourcing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Testing, Evaluation, and Benchmarking
- Identify opportunities to maintain current knowledge of application acquisition and sourcing methodologies and trends.
- Identify quality issues associated with IT sourcing.
- Explain the importance of testing, evaluation, and benchmarking in any IT sourcing decision.
Hardware and Network Sourcing
- Identify sourcing issues in networking infrastructures.
- Assess the buy versus lease decision for different categories of hardware.
- Explain the advantages and drawbacks of a managed infrastructure.
The IT Business Dynamic
- Explain the role of IT in helping the organization gain a competitive advantage.
- Analyze the changing face of business and its importance to the acquisition and maintenance of IT assets.
- Conduct an IT value-chain analysis.
Application Development and Sourcing
- Compare sourcing options for application development.
- Evaluate the advantages and drawbacks of outsourcing versus insourcing.
- Analyze the issues associated with the Build versus Buy decision.
- Analyze the issues and considerations associated with project procurement management.
- Create the primary components of the Request for Proposal and Statement of Work.
- Create a well-structured contract.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.