cmgt575 | Graduate
CIS Project Management
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Leading, Managing, and Controlling Projects
- Evaluate project performance and progress.
- Examine qualities of an effective project manager.
- Examine the techniques of managing a project.
- Explain inter-organizational PM and outsourcing.
Complexity and Agile Project Management
- Explain the factors that cause complexity and uncertainty in project management.
- Explain how complexity and uncertainty affect the completion of a project.
- Examine how agile and extreme project management methods can address complexity and uncertainty.
- Compare various project management models.
Defining the Project
- Define the project, program, and portfolio.
- Explain the relationship between business strategy and Project Management (PM) strategy.
- Apply a model for selecting projects.
- Construct a project work breakdown structure.
Enterprise-Level Project Management
- Explain processes for enterprise-level project portfolio management.
- Analyze tools for continuous process improvement.
Managing the Realities of Projects
- Analyze prevention and intervention strategies for distressed projects.
- Analyze methods of managing multi-team projects.
- Describe the functions of a project support office.
The Project Plan
- Create a project scope statement.
- Estimate a projectâs time and cost.
- Apply project risk management methods.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.