cmgt583 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Describe effective strategies IT management may use to work in harmony with business and still maintain its competitive edge.
- Describe methods used to integrate new IT technologies into business.
- Identify various strengths and weaknesses of new IT technologies, and how they impact business operations.
Vendor Strategies and Evaluation of Program Integration
- Identify the various reasons IT management may choose strategic outsourcing partnerships.
- Describe methods of integration for vendor strategies in IT and business.
- Analyze the differences among developing software in-house, outsourcing various pieces, and purchasing it from an ASP, including strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Evaluate models for assessing the business value of IS.
- Describe why standard business financial ratios and measurements are not effective indicators of IT performance.
Emerging Technology and the Future of IT
- Explain the evolution and current state of trends in IT.
- Describe how IT is reshaping organizations of today.
- Describe the role of new technologies and how they continue to impact business.
Value of IT to an Organization
- Describe the critical elements that make up business and IT organizations in the current technology evolution.
- Describe the links and activities between business strategy and IT strategy that demonstrate the value of information.
- Compare and contrast business processes with their relationship to IS.
- Assess the complementary assets required for IT to provide value to a business.
Role of IT Leadership
- Evaluate the role played by IT systems that serve various levels of management in a business and their relationship to each other.
- Describe the elements that create successful partnerships between business management and systems management.
- Describe some attributes of CIOs that contribute to their effectiveness.
- Describe several attributes that differentiate leaders from IT managers.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.