cmhc597c | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 15 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Case Presentation Skills (Weeks Five through Fifteen)
- Demonstrate case presentation skills in a professional format that synthesizes the formats of agency and UOP expectations.
- Refine diagnostic and case specialization skills.
Final Portfolio (Week Fifteen)
- Synthesize and deliver all materials required for Portfolio.
Internship Review (Weeks One Through Five)
- Complete a new supervision contract if you are continuing your internship experience at a new site.
- Review internship expectations as reflected in the Practicum/Internship Handbook.
- Develop and implement an individual plan of action for internship responsibilities.
Professional Issues and Ethics (Weeks One Through Fifteen)
- Establish and maintain a productive supervisory relationship.
- Demonstrate professional identity through effective use of coping skills and problem solving within the professional agency environment.
- Review application of American Counseling Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice to students' growing professional responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain a productive intern and supervisor relationship.
- Identify and describe boundary issues that are common within the counseling environment as encountered in the internship experience.
Therapeutic Processes (Weeks One Through Fifteen)
- Demonstrate ability to initiate the therapeutic alliance.
- Demonstrate ability to enhance and facilitate therapeutic relationship, assess the therapeutic process, and incorporate supervisory feedback.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and proceed with termination and/or referral.
Administrative Responsibilities (Weeks One Through Fifteen)
- Demonstrate awareness of agency culture and mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of, and adherence to, agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staff functions.
Professional Documentation (Weeks One Through Fifteen)
- Demonstrate skills in maintaining appropriate administrative documentation including weekly logs and other required documentation.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in maintaining appropriate clinical documentation inclusive of all client and session-related materials.
Case Presentation Skills (Weeks One Through Fifteen)
- Demonstrate case presentation skills in a professional format as appropriate to the guidelines of the agency.
Preparation for the National Counselor Examination (Weeks Three through Thirteen)
- Review sample questions and develop a rationale for each response.
- Develop successful strategies for taking the National Counselor Examination.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.