cmp521 | Graduate
Using Computers In Education
topic title goes here
Current State of Educational Technology
- Analyze the impact of cultural diversity and educational equity on current uses of technology in education.
- Examine aspects for planning technology integration at a district/school level.
- Evaluate emerging trends in educational technology.
- Demonstrate appropriate strategies essential to continued growth and development of skills in understanding and implementing emerging technology concepts.
- Apply the five phases of a technology integration model.
- Identify professional associations that represent technology teachers.
- Justify the use of technology in education.
Integrating Software and Applications
- Devise criteria and methods for educational software selection.
- Identify uses of software applications in the classroom.
- Evaluate software applications integration in the classroom.
- Coordinate instructional software and software tools to learner needs.
- Compare and contrast various types of instructional software.
- Analyze Integrated Learning Systems (ILS) and other networked products.
- Examine effective distance learning instructional strategies.
- Assess Internet integration in the classroom.
Integrating Technology in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Identify exemplary Internet sites and software packages for subject-area instruction in language arts, math, science, and social studies.
- Examine current issues in language arts, math, science, and social studies instruction that may impact the selection and use of technology.
Integrating Technology in Art, Music, Physical Education and Special Education
- Identify exemplary Internet sites and software packages for subject-area instruction in art, music, physical education, and special education.
- Examine current issues in art, music, physical education, and special education instruction that may impact the selection and use of technology.
Hypermedia and Multimedia
- Compare and contrast hypermedia and multimedia.
- Examine planning models to implement hypermedia and multimedia projects.
- Generate effective presentation software techniques.
Computers as a Tool for Teachers
- Assess ways teachers can use computers as a productivity tool for teaching.
- Examine ways teachers can use computers as a management tool.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.