cmp540 | Graduate
Integrating Educational Technology In The Classroom
topic title goes here
Teacher as Designer and Facilitator
- Examine styles of questioning that promote higher-level thinking.
- Modify technology-based lesson plans for diverse learners.
- Construct effective problem statements integrating technology.
- Identify the components of an integrated technology lesson using the NTeQ Model.
- Develop resources such as Think Sheets that assist in implementing a technology-based lesson plan.
- Organize multidimensional activities that relate to technology integration.
- Analyze the role of the teacher as a facilitator.
Integrating Technology for Inquiry (NTeQ) Model
- Examine the basic premises of a student-centered learning environment.
- Analyze the key components of the NTeQ Model.
- Compare and contrast the NTeQ philosophy and traditional instructional philosophies.
- Evaluate the NTeQ Model compared to other instructional design models.
- Specify student-learning variables that impact student achievement.
- Assess effective generative strategies.
- Design instructional objective.
Tools and Curriculum Integration: Graphics, Publishing, Presentation Software, and the Internet
- Identify ways the Internet can be used in learner-centered instruction.
- Analyze elements of effective instructional strategies.
- Apply elements of effective instructional strategies when implementing technology integration.
- Develop lesson plans that integrate graphics, desktop publishing, and presentation software.
- Examine the basic components of graphics, desktop publishing, and presentation software and their uses in the classroom.
- Describe the use of graphic organizers in the educational setting.
Classroom Management and Assessment
- Identify effective policies and procedures concerning scheduling and managing technology in classroom settings.
- Compare and contrast alternative and traditional assessments.
- Design alternative assessments.
- Create rubrics that can be used to assess student-created technology products.
- Examine how to meaningfully integrate educational software into the classroom.
- Analyze educational software evaluation criteria.
Tools and Curriculum Integration: Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Databases
- Examine the basic components of word processing, spreadsheets, and/or databases and their uses in the classroom.
- Develop lesson plans that integrate word processing, spreadsheets, and/or databases.
- Create a simple spreadsheet applying the basic components of data analysis.
- Create a simple database applying basic data organization and analysis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.