cmp560 | Graduate
Instructional Multimedia Authoring
topic title goes here
Web Site Basics
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the terminology specific to the Internet.
- Evaluate Web-authoring software applications.
- Apply organizational strategies to name files and folders in creating Web sites.
- Analyze the effectiveness of multimedia in the classroom.
- Identify basic steps in creating Web sites using Web-authoring tools.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using Web sites in the classroom.
Design Issues on the Web
- Describe basic design principles pertaining to Web sites.
- Apply criteria to evaluate school Web sites.
- Design a basic flowchart.
- List the components of effective school Web sites.
- Compare and contrast print and Web media.
Color, Graphics/Images, and Multimedia
- Analyze color as it pertains to the Internet.
- Describe sources of graphics/images and multimedia that can be used in the design of Web sites.
- Explain the process to prepare graphics/images for Web sites.
- Examine the terminology of graphic file formats.
Web Design Tools and Issues
- Examine the basics of good typography.
- Demonstrate advanced tips in Web site design.
- Describe additional applications that add multimedia elements to Web sites.
- Examine legal issues relating to school Web sites.
Web Site Management
- Describe the purpose of site management software.
- Apply procedures to test Web sites.
- Explain the process to upload Web sites to servers.
- Design school Web sites that support communication between the school and the community.
- Modify Web sites based on test results.
- Describe methods of indexing Web sites by search engines.
- Discuss effective methods of technology integration.
- Examine appropriate technology resources to promote safe and healthy use of technology.
- Analyze personal and professional growth in educational technology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.