cnsl502 | Graduate
Graduate Portfolio I
This graduate-level course is Error getting duration This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to the Master of Counseling Program
- Explore the University of Phoenix Master of Counseling Program as presented by the University of Phoenix including the adult learning model and Learning Teams.
- Identify roles, functions, and relevant settings for Professional Counselors.
Self-Analysis, Group Process, and Interpersonal Skills
- Identify personal group process skills.
- Describe and analyze student suitability for the counseling profession.
- Compare peer and self-evaluations of student personality characteristics.
- Evaluate group interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in interpersonal interactions.
Writing and Speaking Skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively deliver an individual oral presentation.
- Review the elements of critical thinking.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Explore the resources of the University Library.
- Demonstrate competent use of the University Library and other information sources.
Active Listening Skills
- Identify the elements of active listening as basic interviewing skills
- Develop and use active listening interviewing skills.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.