cnsl581 | Graduate
Management, Supervision And Consultation In Counseling
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Compare and contrast supervisory interventions and their strengths and weaknesses
- Evaluate supervisee competency utilizing multiple tools and measures
- Develop a plan that incorporates supervisory interventions skills
- Discuss the functions of the supervisor as a role model in supervision
- Identify key supervisor responsibilities for training supervisees
Skills and Tasks of Supervisees
- Discuss the importance of developing appropriate treatment plans, case notes, and clinical documentation
- Examine the effects of unresolved personal issues as they relate to supervisee performance
- Define supervisory needs using a conceptual and psychotherapy-based model of supervision
Legal and Ethical Issues in Supervision
- Apply the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision's (ACES) Ethical Guidelines for Counseling Supervisors to professional practice
- Discuss the major legal aspects of clinical supervision
Management and Consultation
- Compare and contrast administrative supervision, management, and clinical supervision
- Define consultation and differentiate from clinical supervision
- Analyze consultation models and ethical implications
Role and Function of Supervisors
- Develop a working definition of clinical supervision
- Analyze the functions of supervision in the clinical setting
Models of Supervision
- Examine conceptual and developmental models of counseling supervision
- Analyze psychotherapy-based models of supervision
Qualifications of Supervisors
- Describe essential supervisory characteristics
- Identify state regulations regarding clinical supervision
- Analyze the components of positive supervisory relationships
Supervision and Supervisory Settings
- Identify various aspects of supervision in public and private settings or other settings as applicable.
- Assess the impact of personal history on the supervisory relationship
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.