com100 | undergraduate
Introduction To Communication
topic title goes here
Special Issues and Research Methods in Communication
- Recognize the role of ethics in communication.
- Identify research methods used in communication.
- Explain how diversity affects communication.
- Identify communication technologies.
Small Group and Team Communications
- Recognize characteristics of effective teams.
- Identify elements of group dynamics.
- Identify group development phases.
- Identify problem-solving steps.
Overview of Communication
- Identify historical developments in communications.
- Identify communication models.
- Explain how communication affects self-concept.
Verbal, Nonverbal, and Interpersonal Communication
- Distinguish between verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Recognize types of interpersonal communication.
- Identify conflict management stages.
- Identify interview techniques.
Mass Communication and Presentations
- Explain how mass communication influences society.
- Identify presentation techniques.
- Distinguish between informative and persuasive presentations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.