com107 | undergraduate
Communication Skills For The Workplace
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Apply effective writing methods for workplace communication.
- Differentiate workplace or business writing from other forms of writing.
Using Effective Communication in the Workplace
- Explain the value of effective communication in the workplace.
Giving Effective Presentations
- Identify strategies for developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Describe techniques for connecting with and speaking effectively to your audience.
Preparing Formal Communications
- Evaluate resources for reliability, credibility, and appropriateness to the topic.
- Use resources appropriately to support a message or topic.
Finding Your Message, Audience, and Purpose
- Adapt a message based on audience and purpose.
- Define how the terms audience, message, and purpose relate to communication.
Communicating in Groups
- Identify effective problem solving procedures for working in a team or group.
- Differentiate the needs of one-on-one communication from working in a group or team.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques for collaboration.
- Explain how the workplace culture affects communication.
- Describe the importance of effective communication in the workplace.
- Describe the major principles of communication.
- Explain the value of effective listening skills in the workplace.
- Identify effective listening strategies.
- Analyze barriers to effective listening.
Examining The Ways We Communicate
- Describe strategies for effectively expressing verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Explain the potential effects of nonverbal messages in the workplace.
- Assess diversity barriers for intercultural communication.
- Identify effective communication strategies for adapting to differences in the workplace.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.