com155 | undergraduate
University Composition And Communication I
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Revising and Editing the Essay
- Implement writing tools to revise and edit an essay.
- Differentiate between editing and revising.
Completing the Essay
- Create a final draft through revision.
- Write a well-researched, college-level essay by applying effective writing techniques.
Developing a Thesis Statement
- Compose a thesis statement for an academic essay that makes a claim and support it with examples.
- Describe strategies for choosing and narrowing an academic essay topic.
- Identify organizational techniques that help writers and readers stay focused.
Organizing the Essay
- Identify appropriate introductions and conclusions for academic essays.
The Writing Process
- Identify the steps in the writing process.
- Demonstrate correct application of grammar, diction, syntax, and punctuation to writing.
Drafting the Essay
- Formulate effective paragraphs using topic sentences.
- Identify appropriate types of supporting paragraphs for a topic.
- Prepare a first draft of an essay using appropriate strategies.
Writing Effective Paragraphs
- Identify the basic structure of an effective paragraph.
- Compose an effective paragraph.
- Determine appropriate purpose, audience, tone, point of view, and content for various types of writing.
- Describe various rhetorical modes.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.