com520 | Graduate
Organizational Communication For Adult Education & Training
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Trends Influencing Organizational Communication in Adult Education and Training
- Identify diversity and multicultural issues in the organization that affect communication methodologies.
- Define ethical issues in the field of adult education and training.
Develop a personal code of ethics relative to workplace issues facing the adult learner.
Identify trends in social responsibility and address how trends affect the organization.
- Identify trends in online job searches, résumé writing, and effective communication during the hiring process.
Understanding the Role of Communication in Team Dynamics
Discuss the roles of groups and teams in organizational communication.
Examine the importance of audience and diverse attitudes in effective communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of work group dynamics and working cohesively in groups.
Identifying the Importance of Organizational Communication and Its Core Functions
Evaluate the role communication plays in the organization.
Identify target audiences in organizational communication.
- Analyze the role of communication as an educator and a trainer to prepare learners for the global workplace.
- Identify organizational communication theories and processes associated with organization assimilation, decision-making, conflict management, and leadership.
Applying Effective Communications Processes
Plan an effective messaging strategy based on an audience-centered approach.
Discuss audience-centered message creation and language choice.
Evaluate effective content and style in organizational communication.
Creating Informational and Persuasive Messages
- Analyze effective informational and persuasive messages.
- Recommend ways that conflict can be effectively managed.
Describe organizational conflict and the individual’s role in handling conflict effectively.
Employing Technology and Presentation Skills
- Assess effectiveness of presentation skills.
Develop competencies in presentations and technology for effective organizational communication.
- Identify electronic media available for teaching and training.
- Recognize authenticity when communicating through social media.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.