comm102 | undergraduate
Communication Skills For Career Growth
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Communication in the Information Age
- Explain the appropriate use of workplace electronic communication.
- Identify effective communication techniques for electronic communication and social media.
- Describe the relevance of social media in the workplace.
- Identify audience analysis techniques for creating effective presentations.
- Identify techniques to enhance the effectiveness of presentations.
- Demonstrate the effective use of visual resources.
Developing Communication Skills
- Explain the major principles of communication.
- Identify effective listening strategies.
- Analyze characteristics of effective teams.
- Identify nonverbal communication cues.
Communicating Effectively in the Workplace
- Explain how individual perception affects communication in a diverse work environment.
- Explain the relationship between verbal and nonverbal communication in a diverse work environment.
- Identify characteristics of intercultural communication competence.
- Recognize how to improve intercultural communication skills.
- Apply effective writing methods for workplace communication.
- Evaluate sources for reliability, credibility, and appropriateness to the topic.
- Use resources appropriately to support a message or topic.
- Recognize the importance of audience, purpose, and form when creating business communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.