comm112 | undergraduate
Introduction To Research For College Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Research Process
- Differentiate between intentional and unintentional plagiarism.
- Utilize various university research writing tools.
- Describe the purpose of research in academic writing.
- Explain basic research terminology.
Gathering and Evaluating Sources
- Describe methods used to find and narrow a topic.
- Evaluate sources of information.
- Conduct online research appropriate for a college-level research project.
- Develop a thesis statement.
- Differentiate between primary and secondary research.
Drafting the Paper in Academic Style
- Create an outline.
- Describe the components of an academic paper.
- Apply appropriate methods for documenting sources.
Writing a Rough Draft
- Evaluate student writing through peer review.
- Compose a rough draft of the research paper.
- Apply formatting and citing consistent with APA guidelines.
Revising, Proofreading, and Final Draft
- Compose the final draft of an academic research paper.
- Evaluate the use of feedback in the writing process.
- Construct a reference page.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.