comm310 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Speaking and Listening
- Compare the different modes of delivery when speaking in public.
- Describe the defining characteristics of public speaking.
- Describe ways to improve listening skills.
Speech Preparationâ Getting Started
- Analyze an audience in preparation for a speech.
- Determine an appropriate topic for a speech, given the task, scope, and audience.
Speech Preparationâ Researching, Organizing, and Outlining
- Demonstrate an effective organizational format in a speech.
- Create an outline for a speech.
- Conduct research for a speech.
- Analyze a speech, identifying aspects of effective speech content and delivery.
Presenting the Speechâ Language and Media
- Compare various forms of media for use in oral presentations.
- Use effective media in an oral presentation.
- Demonstrate effective voice and body language in an oral presentation.
Presenting the Final Speechâ Persuasive Speaking Techniques
- Describe guidelines for ethical speaking.
- Demonstrate effective persuasion skills and methods.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.