comm315 | undergraduate
Diversity Issues In Communication
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Diversity Issues in Communication
- Describe examples of diversity across communication contexts.
- Analyze the tendency to judge people based on superficial characteristics.
- Describe the relationship between culture and diversity.
- Define diversity and its different visible and hidden dimensions.
Diversity Consciousness Leads to Success
- Explain why employers seek and value employees who are diversity-conscious.
- Describe the reasons why organizations benefit from having a diversity-conscious culture.
- 2.3 Identify social barriers and behaviors, such as limited perceptions, stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination that impede our success.
Developing Diversity Consciousness
- Define poverty and recognize the characteristics of social inequality.
- Describe traits of socially conscious individuals.
- Develop cultural awareness and personal strategies for diversity consciousness.
Effective Communication Builds Healthy Teamwork
- Define impression management in relation to virtual communication.
- Identify the strategies for communicating inclusively.
- Identify communication obstacles in a global or virtual team.
- Apply the principles of group and team diversity toward overcoming and managing diversity in global or virtual team.
Diversity-Conscious Leadership and Globalization
- Identify the four characteristics of diversity-conscious leaders.
- Differentiate between individualist and collectivist societies.
- Identify how technological changes influence diversity in leadership.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.