cpatp2010 | undergraduate
Financial Accounting And Reporting Review
This undergraduate-level course is 8 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Monetary Current Assets and Current Liabilities, Investments, Business Combinations & Consolidations
- Explain the relationship between concepts of accounting and investment percentage.
- Identify types of business combinations and consolidations.
- Identify types of current assets and liabilities.
Stockholders’ Equity, Governmental Accounting, and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- Determine stockholders’ equity.
- Compare governmental, proprietary and fiduciary funds.
- Explain how governmental accounting deviates from GAAP.
- Explain how not-for-profit accounting differs from for-profit accounting.
Fundamentals, Bonds, Debt restructuring, Pensions and Leases
- Identify foundational tools for evaluation (pensions, bonds, debt restructuring, and leases).
- Calculate present value and future value.
Inventory and Deferred Taxes
- Explain how to create, sell, resell, and count inventory.
- Explain how inventory accounting methods for International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) differ from those of GAAP.
- Differentiate among deferred taxes.
Basic Theory and Financial Reporting
- Analyze partnership accounting from creation to dissolution.
- Describe the basic foundations of accounting.
- Compare the four financial statements and their formats.
- Define Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Explain the importance of foreign currency transactions and translations.
- Explain derivatives and hedges.
Fixed Assets and Statement of Cash Flows
- Identify fixed assets.
- Identify the three primary sections of the cash flow statement.
- Compare direct and indirect methods of reporting operating activities.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.