cpss406 | undergraduate
Contemporary Issues Of Sex Crimes
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Special Considerations in Management and Supervision
- Determine statutes that are unique to sex offenders in specific states.
- Describe statutory processes related to civil commitment.
Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Sex Offender Treatment and Management
- Describe community concerns on sex offender reentry.
- Identify issues related to management of female sex offenders.
- Explain current views on the efficacy of sex offender treatment.
- Compare the routine activities theory and the rational choice theory for sex offender management.
Judicial Processes for Sex Offenders
- Describe factors that can influence pre-trial and sentencing processes.
- Determine conditions of supervision to reduce recidivism.
Issues With Tracking
- Describe issues related to the electronic monitoring of sex offenders.
- Compare the effectiveness of different methods of physical monitoring on reducing recidivism.
- Describe differences in issues related to monitoring between rural and urban settings.
Managing Offenders With Dual Diagnosis
- Describe management strategies for offenders with dual diagnosis.
- Identify challenges related to determining the priority of treatment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.