cpss410 | undergraduate
Overview Of Mental Health In Criminal Justice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Mental Health Treatment in the Criminal Justice System
- Describe treatment approaches for common mental health disorders in the criminal justice system.
- Examine potential issues faced regarding the use of pharmacological interventions in the criminal justice system.
Issues and Challenges
- Analyze issues and challenges related to trial and sentencing of offenders with mental illnesses.
- Examine the factors that contribute to successful reentry into society.
- Describe the effects of mental illness on recidivism.
- Describe potential ethical issues related to working with offenders with mental illness.
Theories and Perspectives of Abnormal Behavior
- Examine the evolution of abnormal psychology as a science.
- Identify the different theoretical models related to the development and treatment of psychopathology.
- Explain the goals of clinical assessment and diagnosis in the correctional setting.
Mental Health Issues in the Criminal Justice System
- Describe possible causes of mental health issues in the criminal justice system.
- Identify the behavioral criteria of common mental health disorders seen in the criminal justice system.
- Describe possible causes for common mental health disorders seen in the criminal justice system.
Personality and Substance-Related Disorders
- Identify the behavioral criteria of the major categories of personality disorders.
- Describe possible causes of personality disorders.
- Identify the behavioral criteria of the major categories of substance-related disorders.
- Describe possible causes of substance-related disorders.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.