cpss417 | undergraduate
The Role And Influence Of The Family
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Role and Influence of Family
- Determine extrafamilial and family risk factors associated with delinquency.
- Analyze cognitive, social and emotional risk factors.
- Define social roles and impact of families on delinquency.
Family: Developmental Models of Delinquency
- Analyze theories and models related to delinquency.
- Identify individual risk factors related to delinquency.
- Examine antisocial behavior and its affects on the family.
Replacement of Family with Delinquent Activity
- Evaluate the theories and demographics of gangs as a replacement for family.
- Analyze the relationship between drugs, alcohol, and delinquent behavior replacing family.
- Discuss youth human trafficking and other dysfunctional family environments as a replacement.
Dysfunctional Families: Delinquent Violence
- Identify the forms of violence perpetrated by juveniles.
- Review the models and perspectives on juvenile psychopathy.
- Analyze the research on juvenile violent crime.
Rehabilitation & Treatment Approaches
- Investigate treatment approaches of delinquency.
- Discuss rehabilitation through evidence-based treatment approaches.
- Explain prevention and early intervention in juvenile delinquency.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.