cpss420 | undergraduate
Issues Of Substance Abuse And Addiction
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Influence of Addiction on Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Explain the effects of addiction on families.
- Examine the consequences of addiction on communities.
- Describe possible consequences for individuals experiencing addiction.
Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Describe the physiological effects of substances of abuse.
- Explain possible consequences of inmate drug use in the correctional setting.
- Differentiate between depressants, stimulants, and hallucinogens.
Addictions: National Policies and Global Issues
- Analyze national policies regarding substance abuse.
- Examine global issues related to substance abuse and addiction.
Treatment and Relapse Prevention
- Examine contemporary substance abuse and addiction treatment strategies.
- Describe substance abuse prevention strategies.
- Explain the effect of rehabilitation and relapse prevention strategies on addiction.
- Describe potential legal and ethical challenges faced by corrections professionals in the treatment of addiction.
History and Etiology of Addiction
- Differentiate between substance use, abuse, and addiction.
- Examine the history and etiology of substance abuse and addiction.
- Describe the effects of addiction on the criminal justice system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.