csc392 | undergraduate
Ethnic And Cultural Diversity
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Reality vs. Perception â Mediaâ s Influence on Culture Groups
- Define media literacy and identify its importance in society.
- Determine what racial and social class stereotypes are perpetuated in the media.
- Examine how new media technologies can diversify contemporary communication.
Race, Power, and Culture
- Examine the ethical issues related to social class hierarchy systems. .
- Explore the cultural ideologies of race and power.
- Define framing as it relates to various cultural groups
Labeling and Defining Cultural Groups
- Examine the various forms of discrimination that take place in online communication.
- Analyze the sexual orientation of homosexuality and how it is portrayed in the media and in society.
- Define hegemonic femininity, and analyze how it affects the labeling of women in society.
Establishing Cultural Diversity in Society
- Examine how the media portrayal of various cultural groups can reaffirm cultural stereotypes.
- Discuss how media corporations can diversify entertainment programming in the future.
- Review the advantages of having ethnic and cultural diversity in society.
Social Identities and Cultural Generalizations
- Describe how race, gender, and class are socially constructed identities.
- Discuss the interrelationship between media production and media audiences.
- Illustrate how cultural generalizations lead to the creation of cultural stereotypes.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.