ctec511 | Graduate
Career And Technical Education Curriculum And Instruction
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Instructional Methods, Models, Theories, and Considerations in the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Classroom
- Incorporate Common Core State Standards into the CTE curriculum.
- Develop a plan for incorporating instructional objectives in the CTE classroom.
- Identify the basic instructional theories and models used in the CTE classroom.
- Identify strategies for using instructional technology in the CTE classroom.
- Describe strategies for teaching and aligning the standards to curriculum and advanced instructional models.
- Identify strategies for developing a learning environment that addresses the needs of diverse learners.
- Create plans for cross-curricular instruction.
- Identify methods for differentiating instruction in the CTE classroom.
Overseeing the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Classroom
- Identify predictable barriers to success in the CTE classroom.
- Determine the foundational areas that must be established to achieve sustainability in the CTE classroom.
- Describe effective leadership techniques for developing a college and career readiness culture.
- Examine the practices of model teachers as the need for professional development and knowledge progresses in the CTE classroom.
Assessment and Development in the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Classroom
- Determine various assessments that measure learning and instructional objectives in the CTE classroom.
- Identify authentic formative, summative, and technology-based assessments used in the CTE classroom.
- Discuss ways to measure learning progress and effectiveness with a data use model.
- Identify methods for creating and measuring success in the CTE classroom through mapping and planning student learning outcomes.
Transitioning the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Student Into the Workforce
- Differentiate between college and career readiness.
- Identify programs that help transition the CTE student into the workforce.
- Describe strategies to enhance CTE student employability.
- Develop a plan for transitioning the CTE student into the workforce.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.