cur505 | Graduate
Social And Global Perspectives Of Teacher Leadership
Students in this course have the opportunity to analyze the field of education from a social and global perspective. Students investigate the implications of the globalization of knowledge on micro and macro educational systems. Multicultural implications, diversity, and the use of technology as a vehicle of pedagogy are explored. Emphasis is on building collaborative organizational communities and empowering teacher leaders to think strategically about school change.
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Implications of a Global Society for Schools and Teacher Leaders
- Investigate issues and challenges in creating global competence in teaching and learning.
- Identify skills, knowledge, and dispositions students will need to function in a global society.
- Define the role teacher leaders play in preparing global students.
- Explore assessment and accountability perspectives in relation to the new skills and knowledge needed for a global society.
- Design a global knowledge program for a school site.
- Integrate a global perspective into the curriculum.
- Define global knowledge as it relates to the teacher leader.
Analyze the need for global knowledge to build collaborative organizational communities.
Overview of Education in a Global Society
- Identify the processes, practices, and purposes of leadership in a global society.
- Define a global society.
- Examine views of cultures, languages, economics, and world-class education systems.
Rebooting and Redefining the Educational System
- Explain entrepreneurship education.
- Define a social entrepreneur in relation to school change.
- Develop an entrepreneurial spirit with students to empower student leaders.
- Provide opportunities to deepen pedagogy and enhance methods and practices.
Using Technology for Global Collaboration in Education
- Review opportunities and challenges related to technology in the delivery of education worldwide.
- Examine technology as the vehicle for global collaboration.
Education Around the World
Examine outcomes of education systems in terms of student performance.
Compare attributes and customs of education in the US and the rest of the world.
- Examine international benchmarks used in education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.