cur510 | Graduate
Teachers As Leaders
topic title goes here
Becoming a Change Agent
- Determine ways in which schools can be involved in community change.
- Create a process for collaborating with school and community stakeholders to create positive change in the school environment.
- Identify ways to create and communicate support.
- Examine ways to manage change effectively.
- Identify how students can be involved in the process of change.
- Identify the roles that teachers and students can have as change agents in a school community.
- Analyze ways in which the community can be involved in school change.
- Examine personal rationales for being a teacher leader.
- Describe the concept of personal leadership styles.
- Identify the qualities of effective leadership.
- Examine leadership roles of teachers, resource teachers, and administrators.
- Analyze current approaches to educational leadership.
- Identify the characteristics of a lifelong learner.
Analyze the relationship between lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Examine professional learning communities and the role they play in professional growth.
- Analyze the qualities and practices of a master teacher.
- Identify the difference between teacher reflection and teacher inquiry.
- Describe how teacher reflection and teacher inquiry help shape the profession of teaching.
- Propose strategies for supporting teacher reflection and teacher inquiry.
- Define collaboration.
- Identify varied types of collaboration in the school community.
- Analyze the process of developing collaborations within the school community.
Examine team teaching approaches, benefits, and challenges.
- Describe the importance to collaboration of communication among multiple stake-holders.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Identify characteristics of mentoring.
- Identify characteristics of coaching.
- Compare and contrast coaching and mentoring.
- Identify the dispositions necessary to be an effective coach and mentor.
- Explore the International Coach Federation Code of Ethics.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.