cyb405 | undergraduate
Information Systems Governance
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations of Information Security Governance
- Outline the essential components of a viable information security governance program.
- Illustrate the drivers that influence information security governance.
- Establish the desired outcomes of information security governance.
- Compare and contrast the differences between corporate, IT, and information security governance.
Governance of Information Security Programs
- Differentiate the major components of an information security program.
- Appraise the organizational challenges for implementing an information security program.
- Deconstruct the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders responsible for an information security program.
- Compare and contrast the roles and focus of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
Regulatory and Legal Compliance in Security Governance
- Assess regulatory requirements and their influence on business from an information security governance perspective.
- Examine the impact of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard on organizations that handle branded credit cards.
- Differentiate the mandated regulatory and compliance requirements for the healthcare industry.
- Appraise the NIST provisions for meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
Information Security Strategic Plan and Policies
- Analyze the purpose of distinct information security policy components.
- Illustrate how critical controls drive the creation of security policies.
- Compare and contrast the information security strategic plan with an information security policy.
Risk Management Process and Security Controls
- Compare and contrast risk assessment methods and practices.
- Describe the major components of the NIST risk management framework.
- Describe the interdependencies of the NIST security control families and how they apply to an organization.
- Assess the purpose and challenges for an organization to maintain a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M).
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.