dat105 | undergraduate
Introduction To Database Concepts/roles
topic title goes here
Database Design and Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD)
- Explain database design.
- Create an Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD).
- Describe relational database model.
- Describe relational database normalization principles.
- Identify the use of database constraints.
- Normalize a relational database.
Database Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Describe the different types of database backup and recovery techniques.
- Explain high availability and its associated implementation approaches.
- Explain disaster recovery (DR) and its associated implementation approaches.
- Implement the physical database design.
- Describe database transaction concurrency.
- Define database security.
- Explain database performance tuning.
Database Architecture and Roles
- Describe the history of database systems.
- Define data models.
- Describe data storage.
- Examine cloud computing services.
- Explain the personnel and roles involved with a database.
- Explore MicrosoftÂ® SQL ServerÂ® 2014 interface.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.