dat210 | undergraduate
Data Programming Languages
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Programming Logic and Data
- Describe how data is represented and used in a computer program.
- Explain object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Apply basic computer programming concepts using algorithms.
Big Data Processing with Python
- Build a scalable application with object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Demonstrate sequential processing within a programâs logic using Python.
- Develop algorithms and transform them into a Python program.
JavaÂ® and Data Management
- Explain control structures in JavaÂ®.
- Apply loop and selection control structures in JavaÂ®.
- Describe database connectivity with JavaÂ®.
- Create files in JavaÂ®.
Web Development with Ruby
- Review Ruby basics.
- Explain text file and database manipulation using programming.
- Review web development techniques in Ruby.
- Deploy Ruby applications.
- Describe database facilities and techniques with Ruby.
- Review criteria for selecting the correct programming language to solve a business problem.
- Examine functional programming in Ruby, JavaÂ®, and Python.
- Analyze functional Programming and Big Data.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.