dat330 | undergraduate
Advanced Data Visualization Tools
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Advanced Visualization Uses
- Compare how using advanced visualization technologies allows organizations to make more-informed decisions.
- Design a collaborative dashboard to serve the informational needs of multiple levels of management.
- Differentiate between data trends and data visualization.
Creating Business Oriented Visualizations
- Identify key issues, other than data, in the selection of a visual encoding.
- Use a visualization flow methodology to design, evaluate, and implement interactive visualizations.
Data Visualization for Businesses
- Define the business objectives of using data visualization within an organization.
- Identify how data combined with visualization tools is used to solve specific business problems.
- Create a data visualization workflow.
Strategy and Design
- Select the appropriate visual encoding for the specific organizational need.
- Identify visual design strategies to represent descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Map the data discovery process including data aggregation and the structuring of data used for visualization.
Working With Data
- Identify data trends within a large data set using visualization technologies.
- Assess the credibility of using data visualizations.
- Combine data from multiple sources into one descriptive visual.
- Evaluate the steps used to select a visualization type for a business function.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.