dsc101 | undergraduate
Introduction To Data Science
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Structured vs. Unstructured
- Apply a market basket analysis to a real data set.
- Describe data structures required for data analysis.
- Describe market basket analysis and its uses.
- Explain the benefits of regression modeling.
- Define big data and identify associated challenges.
- Describe the process of data analysis against a big data set.
- Explain the uses for text based analytics.
- Compare data mining and data analysis.
- Describe the process of data mining against a large data set.
- Describe reports that can be generated for presentation from a data mining exercise.
Math in Data Science
- Describe regression and classification methods used in predictive analysis.
- Describe the process of using predictive analytics in a real world scenario.
- Explain the purpose of data modeling.
- Compare NoSQL and relational databases and their uses.
- Explain different machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised).
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.