ece512 | Graduate
Early Childhood Assessment
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Communication of Assessment Process With Stakeholders
- Explain the role of government funding and mandates in the assessment process.
- Identify stakeholders to include in the communication of assessment.
- Examine the benefits, effectiveness and appropriateness of community and family collaboration.
- Identify barriers in a collaborative process.
- Develop appropriate and mutually beneficial venues for communication.
- Identify additional community, school, or district resources for children and families based on assessments.
Role, Purpose, and Types of Assessment
- Describe the role and purpose of assessments in an early childhood learning environment.
- Identify the roles of family, medical professionals, and educators in the early childhood assessment process.
- Define assessment in the use of curriculum and intentional teaching.
- Examine types of assessment tools.
- Define assessment goals and key elements of assessment with regard to developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood.
- Define relevant components in selecting an appropriate assessment tool.
- Describe the essential characteristics of a good measurement instrument for evaluating childrenâs learning.
Designing Quality Assessments
- Define the purpose of systematic assessment practice and setting goals for instructional design.
- Examine multiple developmental domains interrelated to assessment goals.
- Identify the importance of selecting a variety of assessment tools to achieve assessment goals.
- Analyze the importance of evaluating assessment tools to influence effective instructional activities, enhance curriculum, and modify the learning environment to achieve learning goals.
- Understand the multiple influences of culture, family, technology, and language in the design and implementation of assessments.
- Develop documentation, recording, and evaluation techniques.
Interpretation and Application of Assessments; Record Keeping
- Understand the role of learning models and learning theories in the interpretation and application of assessments.
- Interpret differences in assessment tools and outcomes.
- Evaluate strengths, learning potentials, and differences in assessment outcomes.
- Apply assessment results to instructional strategies including curriculum development, materials, learning activities, and classroom environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.