ech418 | undergraduate
Community And Family Engagement
topic title goes here
Creating Positive Home & School Connections
- Summarize how parental influence affects how children embrace education.
- Identify the benefits of mentoring in helping young children learn and develop a positive self-concept.
- Identify how families promote literacy skills for young children.
Building Progressive Home, School, & Community Partnerships
- Define various approaches that foster positive communication between home and school.
- Identify activities that engage families and improve student learning.
- Identify factors that promote and sustain positive home, school, and community partnerships.
Accessing Quality Child Care from Infancy to School Age
- Compare and contrast the changes of child care needs in the past versus current day.
- Define the factors associated with quality child care.
- Identify how licensing regulations and policy development affect the quality of available child care.
The Changing Roles of the Diverse Family
- Define the changing roles of family members from one generation to another.
- Compare and contrast family structures based on the home environments of different children.
- Analyze various social and economic conditions that impact family life.
- Summarize the implications of socioeconomic status in education.
Engaging Families of Children with Special Needs
- Compare and contrast the characteristics and purposes of an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Discuss various ways having a child with disabilities affects a family.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of inclusion for an exceptional child.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.