ech505 | Graduate
Introduction To Early Childhood Education
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Ethical Standards and Professional Guidelines
- Identify the certification requirements of early childhood professionals in the community.
- Identify the laws pertaining to children's rights in the community.
- Examine the code of ethics guiding the early childhood educator.
- Examine the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Identify standards of confidentiality, sensitivity, and respect for children, families, and early childhood professionals.
- Examine the use of technology in early childhood education.
- Examine the nature of early childhood education and its role in contemporary society.
- Identify the connections between early childhood education and other related disciplines.
- Analyze the current controversial topics in early childhood education.
- Examine the concept of cultural diversity and its relation to early childhood education.
Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Identify the roots of early childhood education.
- Identify the terminology used in the early childhood profession.
- Analyze the historical developments of early childhood education.
- Identify the challenges faced by early childhood educators.
Theories and Models of Early Childhood Education
- Examine the theories and models of early childhood education.
- Examine the changing perspective and vision of the childhood years.
Structure of Early Childhood Education Programs and Learning Environments
- Describe the components of an early childhood education program.
- Identify the essential elements of an effective preschool classroom.
- Examine how the physical, motor, cognitive, and affective development of young children impacts the structure of programs and classrooms.
- Identify the organizational factors to consider when administering early childhood programs.
- Examine the inclusion of special needs children and families in early childhood education.
The Professional Field of Early Childhood Education
- Examine public policies on early childhood education programs and professional development.
- Examine the professional field of early childhood education, qualifications, competencies, opportunities, and professionalism.
- Examine professional educational standards in the field of early childhood education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.