ech506 | Graduate
Introduction To Early Childhood Education
topic title goes here
Theories and Models of Early Childhood Education
- Describe the significance of play theories for learning.
- Evaluate the implications of brain-based research for early childhood education.
- Examine theories and models of early childhood education.
Components of Early Childhood Education Programs
- Describe essential elements of an early childhood education program.
- Analyze diversity considerations in early childhood education programs.
- Examine the benefits of family and community collaboration in early childhood programs.
The Professional Early Childhood Educator
- Review public policies related to early childhood education.
- Examine professional standards, qualifications, preparation programs, and continuing education opportunities related to early childhood education.
Early Childhood Learning Environments
- Identify characteristics of a developmentally appropriate early childhood learning environment.
- Examine how the learning environment affects the physical, motor, cognitive, and affective development of young children.
- Describe assessment strategies that guide teaching and learning in early childhood settings.
Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Examine the role of early childhood education in contemporary society.
- Analyze appropriate early childhood terminology.
- Identify historical and theoretical developments in early childhood education.
- Identify current topics in early childhood education.
Current Trends in Early Childhood Education
- Identify local, state, and national trends and issues in early childhood education.
- Examine the use of technology in early childhood education.
- Analyze current topics in early childhood education.
Ethical Standards and Professional Guidelines
- Examine codes of ethics guiding the early childhood educator, including the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Identify standards of confidentiality, sensitivity, and respect for children and families.
- Analyze the legal and ethical roles and responsibilities of the professional early childhood educator.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.