ech526 | Graduate
Methods Of Teaching In Early Childhood: Physical Education
topic title goes here
Assessment in Early Childhood Physical Education and Health
- Identify adaptations for assessing diverse learners in early childhood physical education and health instruction.
- Describe the use of formative and summative assessments as components of early childhood physical education and health instruction.
- Analyze various assessment strategies used in early childhood physical education and health instruction.
Current Issues and Trends in Physical Education and Health
- Create a timeline of events that represents the progression of physical education instruction.
- Explore current early childhood physical education initiatives.
- Examine current trends related to health and wellness in early childhood.
Introduction to Physical Education and Health in Early Childhood
- Define the following terms as they relate to the young child (birth through age eight): physical education, physical fitness, health, and wellness.
- Examine the value and the purpose of physical education and health in early childhood programs.
- Investigate the stages of human growth and development in early childhood.
- Examine the relationship between organized sports, physical education, and structured physical activities in early childhood settings.
Physical Education and Health Standards in Early Childhood
- Compare and contrast early childhood national and state standards for physical education and health.
- Identify the relationship between physical education and the following learning domainsin the early childhood learning environment: psychomotor, cognitive, and affective.
- Examine the use of technology in early childhood physical education and health programs.
Curriculum for Physical Education and Health in Early Childhood
- Identify components of a quality early childhood physical education and health program.
- Examine strategies for creating an effective learning climate for physical education and health instruction in an early childhood setting.
- Plan for the specific needs of diverse learners in the early childhood physical education setting.
- Explore ways to enhance curriculum to involve family and community in early childhood physical education and health.
Instructional Methods for Early Childhood Physical Education and Health
- Examine instructional approaches used in an early childhood setting.
- Analyze various methods of teaching early childhood physical education.
- Design an integrated early childhood physical education or health unit.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.